Couples counselling is the process of working through issues in committed romantic relationships. Most people associate couples counselling with married couples, but it is not limited to marriage counselling. Typical approaches are psychodynamic (ie. Relate) or psychoanalytical (i.e. Tavistock).
I use use a mix of relational cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), attachment-based and psychodynamic therapy.
Most typical issues I work with are:
- break-down in relational trust
- break-down in communications
- feelings of isolation and abandonment
- dealing with ’empty-nest’ syndrome
- enhancing relationship quality
Couples counselling sessions last 50 minutes, I see clients face-to-face in central london or via skype/whatsapp video. Sessions start from £220. Please contact me for further details.